TOP 10 CRYPTO COUNTDOWN: These Tokens Dominate the Market!
There are over 2,000 cryptocurrencies traded today. Most of them are total junk – nicely giftwrapped, but they’re worthless or worse. My point is that there’s no shortage of tokens to research and there are hundreds, even thousands that are dangerous speculations. It’s not an equal distribution; the top 10 cryptocurrencies represent roughly 85% of the total crypto market value.
Here’s a rundown of the ten biggest tokens by market cap.
- Bitcoin (BTC) – This is the mothership: no other token even comes close in terms of market cap, name recognition, or influence. When Satoshi Nakamoto invented the first cryptocurrency back in 2009, it traded for less than a nickel and the blockchain was known only to a few coders!
Today, Bitcoin trades in the thousands of dollars per coin and with its 21 million-token limit, BTC continues to absolutely dominate the cryptosphere’s headlines.
We covered Bitcoin for the first time, when we launched this newsletter. The price was $373. We’ve made a fortune, by staying LONG and trading in and out, when the timing begs for it. I am not aware of any other newsletter, which was THIS early.
- Ethereum (ETH) – Launched by Vitalik Buterin in 2015, Ethereum focuses less on being a medium of payment transaction, and more on facilitating peer-to-peer contracts and applications. Ether mining is also different, as it’s based on a Proof of Stake rather than a Proof of Work algorithm, resulting in faster block mining times. I understood the power of ETH, when I first saw it in a live conference. In April 2017, when the price was just over $20, we profiled it.To this day, no other investment has made us as much as this. Top to bottom, some of you banked 1,000%, 2,000% and even 8,000% gains.
- Ripple (XRP) – Ripple is different from other cryptocurrencies, as it’s not meant to be exchanged directly for services and goods. Instead, you can use Ripple to quickly convert one currency into another one – and this can even be done without relying on a central exchange. Ripple also uses less electricity than Bitcoin, and performs transactions much more quickly.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) – Launched in August of 2017, Bitcoin Cash has become Bitcoin’s most successful offshoot. Designed to increase the number of transactions that can be processed by the network, Bitcoin Cash enabled the increase of the block size from 1 MB to 8 MB; the faster throughput has made Bitcoin Cash practical for small, day-to-day payments. I’ve never invested a dime in this one.
- Litecoin (LTC) – Former Google employee Charlie Lee launched Litecoin with a smaller block generation time compared to Bitcoin, as well as a different script-based algorithm and an increase in the maximum number of coins (81 million, four times higher than Bitcoin). Moreover, new blocks of transactions are verified and posted every two minutes, making Litecoin less vulnerable to attacks. One of my business partners alerted me to LTC, when it was $28 a coin and I was able to build a good-sized position.
93% Of Investors Generate Annual Returns, Which Barely Beat Inflation.
Wealth Education and Investment Principles Are Hidden From Public Database On Purpose!
Build The Knowledge Base To Set Yourself Up For A Wealthy Retirement and Leverage The Relationships We Are Forming With Proven Small-Cap Management Teams To Hit Grand-Slams!
- EOS (EOS) – A newer entrant, EOS was developed by private company block.one and subsequently released as open-source software in June of last year. Rather than focusing on the typical mining paradigm, EOS has block producers who generate the required number of blocks and are rewarded with new EOS tokens for each new block they produce.
- Tether (USDT) – Issued on the Bitcoin blockchain, Tether (which was launched as RealCoin in July of 2014 but soon rebranded as Tether) facilitates trading between cryptocurrencies with a rate fixed (or “tethered”) to the U.S. dollar and other fiat currencies. Issued by Tether Limited as a hybrid crypto-fiat stablecoin and operating on the Omni protocol, Tether’s value is meant to mirror that of the U.S. dollar, and each unit of Tether is supposed to be backed by one dollar held in reserve.
- Binance Coin (BNB) – Binance Coin is a digital currency issued by the popular cryptocurrency exchange Binance. It has a strict limit of 200 million BNB tokens and is designed for Binance exchange users to pay the fees associated with using their services. Binance Coin now trades on its own trading/investing vehicle.
- Stellar Lumens (XLM) – Based on the Ripple protocol, but eventually forced onto its own network, Stellar Lumens was designed in 2014 by Jed McCaleb and Joyce Kim to act as a bridge in order to facilitate multi-currency transactions. Based on an open-source global value exchange network, Stellar Lumens allows for low-cost transactions and incorporates anti-spam measures to help prevent DoS attacks.
- Cardano (ADA) – Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood launched Cardano in 2015 to create a platform with a rigorous peer-review system, and to involve programmers and scientists in helping to improve its open-source blockchain. The Cardano developers established a maximum of 45 billion ADA coins to ever be created, and continue to work with a number of academic institutions to improve the token as well as the network. To my knowledge, we were the FIRST ever to publish a report on ADA, when it was just launched.
We received a flood of incoming thank you emails over the months, following this, as the price went NUTS.
By focusing on the biggest cryptocurrencies, you’re stacking the odds in your favor. I expect 95% or more of available coins to COMPLETELY fail. They might be revolutionary compared to other asset classes, but within this industry, they’re useless and that’s what matters.
Governments Have Amassed ungodly Debt Piles and Have Promised Retirees Unreasonable Amounts of Entitlements, Not In Line with Income Tax Collections. The House of Cards Is Set To Be Worse than 2008! Rising Interest Rates Can Topple The Fiat Monetary Structure, Leaving Investors with Less Than Half of Their Equity Intact!
Protect Yourself Now, By Building A Fully-Hedged Financial Fortress!
This work is based on SEC filings, current events, interviews, corporate press releases and what we’ve learned as financial journalists. It may contain errors and you shouldn’t make any investment decision based solely on what you read here. It’s your money and your responsibility. The information herein is not intended to be personal legal or investment advice and may not be appropriate or applicable for all readers. If personal advice is needed, the services of a qualified legal, investment or tax professional should be sought.Please read our full disclaimer at PureBlockchainWealth.com/